my driver info and climate control readouts are no longer lit. how do I fix them.

Lindasue
60

Asked by Lindasue Jan 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM about the 1998 Buick Regal 4 Dr GS Supercharged Sedan

DavidH25

Check the fuse for you taillights. Some cars the entire dash will not light when the taillights go out, others partially on some controls. That is so you won't be driving around without taillights and not know it

Ilregal

Dave is right, one question though, when you turn the key to start the car, do you see any lights on the dash, at all, around your speedometer light up? They will be yellow in color and possibly a red light which will flash for a short time and then go out? This would be the car doing it's self check process. If you turn the key and the car starts but you see no lights at all flash around the area of the speedometer and tachometer, please come back and make. I mention of this. I have also seen where folks have turned their headlight knob all the way to the left dimming the dash lights to the point it appears as if there are no dash lights.

Ilregal

I went for a drive tonight in my 98 and can you see the light on your dashboard shift indicator, just below the speedometer? Also, before you buckle your seat belt can you see a red light flashing to the right of the speedometer? If you can on either of these, then where you pull out the knob to turn on your headlights, turn the knob all the way to the right. This will turn on the tack, speedometer and climate control lights.