LaSabre dome light "fuse" problem

markgaston
0

Asked by markgaston Jul 20, 2012 at 11:43 PM about the 2004 Buick LeSabre Custom

I have a 2004 LaSabre and I keep blowing the the dome light fuse. The light will work when I replace  the fuse but then blow very soon after.   Any ideas on what to check or address?  

Does this mean I have a short somewhere in the circuit?   Should I replace the bulb as a possible culprit.   Can I try a higher fuse?   

dynasg2009
1,195

The short will more than likely be in the roof in the body of the dome light. Check to make sure the hot wire is not touching anything going to ground. If you want to have a larger nightmare with your wiring then put a larger fuse. I wouldn't try that.

You think this is helpful.