How do you remove the back seat from 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom? Does the seat fold down?

Lennie
0

Asked by Lennie Dec 15, 2012 at 06:33 PM about the 2003 Buick LeSabre Custom

Rear-ended a few weeks ago.  Have been able to open the trunk, but it has very difficult to close it.  Now we can't open the trunk; so we thought we could remove the seat to get to  the trunk.  But can't find out how to either fold down the seat, or remove it.

49,805

My two part fold down rear seat backs have a release in the center hinge. Look down at the hinge with a flashlight and have a flat bladed screwdriver handy. IIRC there is a metal tab that has to be slid out of the way.