Fuel Gauge doe not read correct level on tank.

rleo862
0

Asked by rleo862 Jan 06, 2011 at 11:46 AM about the 2000 Buick LeSabre Custom

madwrenches
80

these cars had a lot of problems with the fuel level sensor (in the tank). if the gauge acts differently (pegs empty or full or reads correctly) depending on the actual fuel level in the tank, this is most likely the problem. once in a while the instrument cluster may have a fault but this usually results in VERY erratic needle movement IRREGARDLESS of the actual fuel level. i believe u can get to the fuel pump module through an access panel in the trunk. the sensor can be serviced separately from the pump but is still pricey. sometimes the sensor pad gets a funk buildup and can be cleaned with a sotchbrite pad but if the fingers that ride on it are corroded away you will need to replace. GET HELP with the job if this stuff is new to you!