my 3.8 l 1997 buick lesbre is running rough and smoking out of the exaust is it a blow head gasket or a bad intake or neither how can i fix the problem%0A

hondarider1993
5

Asked by hondarider1993 Feb 28, 2013 at 04:13 PM about the 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited

judge_roy

...please, let's have those trouble codes before we start spendin' more money. sounds like a stuck choke mechanism (or '97 equiv.) Why would you blame the headgasket? gettin' coolant where it' don't belong, like white smoke out the tailpipe? was it black smoke or white smoke? coolant level spiffy? oil look like chocolate pudding?

Best Answer
judge_roy

Did you take this one too hot one day? did a waterpump belt give way? how did this happen to your Buick (it's a beauty too)?

hondarider1993
5

yes its very nice and one of the belts actually started making nose wining and then shaking and white smoke

hondarider1993
5

u think the water pump has somthing to do with it and the more i think about it i had the car for awhile never thought about it because there was no leaks but i had to keep filling my resavore regulary every few weeks or 2 weeks

judge_roy

see if there is excessive play in the shaft (any) and nothing is weeping out of the weep hole. Open the cap (cold) and see if there is sufficient flow.

judge_roy

the passenger mirror on our 61 buick said "BUICK...it's a beauty too" trying to issue a vailed complement to the woman putting on makeup in the passenger seat.

Tricia Reinhardt
10

My buick is running ruff could it be a sensor?