2005 Chrysler Town & Country won't start

dlmoore2011
0

Asked by dlmoore2011 Jan 17, 2012 at 12:48 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Base

We used a diagnostic machine that just said misfire detected.We changed the sparkplugs & it started but then shut off. Need to know what else could be causing this problem.

24,945

Are you 100% sure that you got the plugs and wires back on in the correct order? A crossed plug may or may not cause a total no-start situation. Could also be the ignition module or a number of other things. Which of the misfire codes was it? P0306, for example, is cyl. 6, while P0300 is random cylinder misfire. In some cases the misfire code can happen because something else hiccups and the PCM gets an unexpected result it can't otherwise explain, so it interprets a misfire.

dlmoore2011
0

I am 100% sure I got the plugs and wires back in the correct order. There was no code it just said misfire detected. The card in the machine is for older model car. Could that be why there is no code?