i changed bad belt ehgine runs fine as long as you hold throttle or remove pcv hose

fidell321
0

Asked by Apr 15, 2013 at 09:41 AM about the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base

179,995

Which belt? Serpentine or timing?

What made you change "the belt" in the first place? How was the water pump doin'? How many miles are on this engine?

fidell321
0

the timing belt had missing teeth and wouldnt start

fidell321
0

116,00 miles on engine

If it runs when you pull off the PCV hose the PCV valve is stuck closed when you pull it off you are getting intake air from that vacuum source, which not supposed to happen, should be sucking air from crankcase

"semi interference" that way I understand it only applies to DOHC engines. The pistons will not hit the valves. But if it throws a timing belt, since one cam operates exhaust and one cam does intake. If one cam stops and the other still turns for a few times the valves will touch each other and may or may not do a lot of damage

needs a couple of penny nails or pin punches to align both cams~

BASE ENGINE SIZE 2.4 L CAM TYPE Double overhead cam (DOHC) CYLINDERS Inline 4 VALVES 16 TORQUE 165 ft-lbs. @ 4000 rpm HORSEPOWER 150 hp @ 5100 rpm TURNING CIRCLE 36.7 ft.

That's an easy one to screw up! courage man. You've got courage for undertaking this endeavor, are you a mechanic or horologist?

I was just going to ask how do you know all that..he didn't say much in the question and I guess we are supposed to fill in the blanks

wonder if fidel is from CUBA?

Just pullin' the threads from this sweater known as the internet...is that a guilty pleasure....sadly yes.

back at ya Judge. I have not figured out what you meant by 'very intuitive..not" over there, but then again I had to have Tom come to the rescue on a thing about my OWN car, felt like an idiot but Tom the Man unlocked my brain

you could do it too, just feed the hungry robot the data we've been provided:(2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Base) and shazaa, you get the base engine and....whoa 16 valve DOHC...new found respect ensues~

The internet in Cuba is censored by Fidel's little brother, like net nanny

My Corolla 4 banger has 16 valves

There is a stretch of road between my house and the freeway, a back road with about a half mile piece of a gawd awful grade....maybe 9%, it's a 'secret' way to get around a set of CHP scales and trucks go up it at 4, 5mph and even as peppy as my 1,8 is I have to make durn sure I have room, especially 'cause those coming down are doing 90. Literally

Oh, it's 'sokay... no worries...we still haven't answered the guy here..

Nope. 1ZZ FE. 130hp

we cannot get under the hood to ensure that he's got all timing marks lined up, I shared what I knew about the pin punches setting you on target, just have to remember to remove them before attempting~

@fidell321---Just go ahead and buy another water pump and replace it, you're going to have to do it soon with so many miles on this...isn't it dripping out the weep hole by now?

Pasted verbatim, from wiki ...The 1ZZ-FE is a 1.8 L (1794 cc, 225 lb) Bore is 79 mm and stroke is 91.5 mm. and 140 hp (104 kW) at 6400 rpm with 125.8 ft·lb (170.6 N·m) of torque at 4200 rpm. The cylinders of 1ZZ engines are lined with cast iron. It uses multi-point fuel injection, has VVT-i (on later versions) and features

see....Toyota takes the time to make things RIGHT~

My 22RE is an American creature- not made in Japan.

Where is Cooper Car company?

too few oil changes and a kid who wanted to rewire everything and pull out door switches and warning buzzers kind of makes this truck kind of a frieght~ even tho only 158,000 and new timing chain still sounds really loose and clanky....blame it on that stupid kid.

Coopers are made everywhere except the US, parts are swiss, parts are british, welded by robots somewhere in Europe BMW~ time tested design hasn't changed much in fifteen years, kinda like the VW beetle, only pricier~

...aah the good ole' days~