I have 2006 scion tc and my rpms follow my mph on the guage . Like if I'm going 70 mph it's at 4k rpms is that bad ? An the check engine light came on .

Mariobit64
0

Asked by Mariobit64 Oct 31, 2012 at 07:20 AM about the 2006 Scion tC Base

DavidH25

Make sure your overdrive is ON if it's an automatic That, what you describe, sounds like it's in 3rd gear, 4k rpm at 70 is too high, way too high. Maybe even slipping, check transmission fluid lvel As far as the check engine light, that could be many things. Too many to list, have it scanned for faults.

Mariobit64
0

Well it's stick and it just started to do that yesterday it was fine but will take it to mechanic to check problem . Thanks anyways

CJ Michaels
605

yeah it sounds like a tranny problem, like slipping, or u might have burnt up some gear lube if u drive it hard and just have low fluids......ive heard of this happening to a lot of TC's though, (mainly automatics) maybe theres a common problem, have u checked on TC forums?

DavidH25

Well. I tried. You're welcome. Tach could be reading wrong is the only other thing I can think of, unless maybe you have an ear good enough to guess engine rpm's, some people can do that, and know that it's off. Good luck Mariobit