my emergency brake light keeps coming on everytime i shift in 1st and 2nd gears.why is it doing this. Lately its beginning to do it in 3rd gear too.

bgavins
0

Asked by bgavins May 31, 2007 at 05:31 AM about the 2006 Scion tC Base

2006 scion tc
40,000 miles
manual transmission

when i shift my car from neutral to 1st gear, or from 1st to second gear; the emergency brake light on the dashboard comes on as the rpms get around 2500-3000 and then it goes off when i shift up to the next gear.  It doesnt really do it in 3rd (although it has happened a few times) and it has never done it in 4th or 5th.  I'm going to take it to the dealer to get it looked at but i was wondering if maybe you guys knew what could be causing this.  Is it something serious or just some computer malfunction thats no biggie?

thanks

bruce

17,645

I am assuming its an electrical malfunction with some kind of sensor. I don't think there is really an issue with the e-brake. Let me know what the issue was.

Heath Niles
65

Mine was doing the same thing. Turns out the brake fluid was low. Every time You shift the fluid moves and triggers your sensor.