How do I remove the fuel pump?

echomyback
5

Asked by echomyback Feb 19, 2011 at 07:03 PM about the 1992 Chevrolet S-10 2-Door Regular Cab

papa

eather drop the gas tank or remove the bed.

Stephen Wakita
65

It's much easier to remove the bed. Bolt locations are pretty easy to find underneath. Make sure to unscrew the filler neck and taillights from the bed. Once the bed is off just pop the lock ring off from around the fuel pump assembly, disconnect the lines (be careful not to leak the gas) and then pull the fuel pump assembly out. Take care not to spill the fuel out of the pump assembly itself. Once out you can either replace the whole thing or buy the separate parts to replace only the pump. Either method is fairly easy but replacing the whole unit is much more expensive.