Is the brake light bulb also the tail light bulb,all in one.If so what would the honda part number be.I went to my local dealer and got a bulb,but it only works as a brake light,not a tail light.

honda2007
0

Asked by honda2007 Feb 12, 2013 at 07:09 PM about the 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD

judge_roy

either a GE1156 -one filament or GE1157 two filament bulbs. Can't say that honda has switched to anything funky recently--what are the numbers on the bulbs you need?

DavidH25

Sylvania/Tail Light Bulb (Part Number: 7443LL) Honda uses different bulbs for brakes. But Bob has the better answer....look at the one you have

45,765

1157 and 3157 are bulbs that have the two filaments. The 1157 has a metal base. The 3157 bulb has the plastic base. Depending on the year, they are used as running and brake lights. When in doubt, buy these. They can be used in any socket. --- The 1157 and 3156 are similar looking but have one filament. The are used in turn signals and reverse lights.

judge_roy

honsa2007, you still with us, or went to go get your pizza now?

45,765

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applications/automotive-lighting- systems/Pages/lrgmain.aspx#fldYear - I found the same as David - Type 7443 - didn't know they existed