what causes the "Reduced Engine Power " code u0107 - possible causes?

larrys40
0

Asked by larrys40 Feb 14, 2014 at 11:19 PM about the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

this is intermittent.  You can be driving at various speeds.. or just trying to start the car 3.8 2007 GRand Prix  Possible causes?

Rob Jones
85

DTC U0107 sets if the battery voltage is low. If the customer's concern is slow cranking or no crank because battery voltage is low, ignore DTC U0107. Clear any DTCs from memory that may have set from the low battery voltage condition. DTC U0107 sets when there is a short to B+ on the TAC module ground circuit. Inspect the fuses for the circuits that are in the TAC module harness--i.e. cruise, brake. An inspection of the fuses may lead you to the circuit that is shorted to the TAC module ground circuit. DTC U0107 sets if the TAC module ignition feed circuit is shorted to a B+ supply circuit. The TAC module stays powered-up when the ignition switch is turned OFF. When the ignition switch is turned ON, the TAC module is powered-up before the PCM. DTC U0107 sets because no communication is detected by the TAC module from the PCM. Inspect related circuits for being shorted to a B+ supply circuit. Inspect the TAC module power and ground circuits and the TAC module/PCM serial data circuits for intermittent connections. Inspect the TAC module connectors for signs of water intrusion. If water intrusion occurs, multiple DTCs may set without any circuit or component conditions found during diagnostic testing.