Front headlights won't work

MLongmire
0

Asked by MLongmire Oct 30, 2011 at 08:44 AM about the 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix Base

We have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix.  We have replaced the bulbs and checked the fuse which was okay but the front headlights still will not come on.  The bright head lights and running lights still work.  We had it put on the machine and the person said it was a wiring issue.  How do we replace the  wiring for the headlights?

Brandon Hammond
145

i had a similar issue, check the housing unit to make sure its not corroded causing the lights to not turn on. if not that follow the wring the best you can and see if there are any cuts or nicks in the wires causing no power sent to the lights keeping them from turning on

Michael McGrail
5,545

I had the same exact issue with my 2000 grand prix. In that insance it was a faulty parking brake switch. The parking brake deactivates the headlights and DRL.. Depending on which headlight switch you have, GMs column mounted headlight switches are notorious for going out and only killing only the low beam headlight function (marker lights and high beams still work). The dash mounted switches do not have the same issue. Hope one of them help you.

Robert Lavallee
1,485

the ebrake will only cut the drl's not the headlights if u turn them on manually, does the fan for the blower work my ign switch failed and the fan only had high speed and when i had it on any lower speed the drl's shut off and the headlights also did if they weren't turned on manually.

justwrenches
115

if there is power at the low beam fuses replace relay #35 in the underhood fuse box.autozone #206179.cost is 36.00.hope this helps

Michael Porter
40

Omg my day lights not working would my emg brake have anything to do with it ,, I have tried new Bulbs, nothing ,, the car still dings letting me know that I have left my lights on but they not working ,, It seems they are in drive in mould !! is there a way to Manuel but them on

Sean Davis
10

Faulty neutral safty switch... try moving the gear shifter back and forth from park to 1st over and over again. the lights should eventually start working again. its happend to our 07 GP. A few times and its always worked.