How hard is it to remove and replace a belt tensioner on a 93 beretta

Jeremy Brown
0

Asked by Jeremy Aug 25, 2012 at 08:38 PM about the 1993 Chevrolet Beretta 2 Dr STD Coupe

Heard a real bad rattling last night so popped the hood and the tensioner looked like it was about to fly off the
motor .I turned the engine off and got a closer look and I could see the spring assembly inside the tensioner

95,115

Not sure what motor you have, but it's a very involved process, if your good at turning a wrench and have the right tools you can change it out. Look at this link and go down to "sunprice's" response. This will give you an idea on the what's all involved........http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1485711-replace_serpentine_belt_tensioner

Talina Ramsey
10

I had a 92 beretta and had a 3.1L and all I did is take off the belt and take the bolt off and change it and reassemble the belt and make sure u get the tensioner bolt tight tho