Ignition won't shut off on 2005 Suzuki XL-7

Lora3337
5

Asked by Lora3337 Sep 02, 2012 at 06:03 PM about the 2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD

Even had keys out of the ignition & the vehicle was still running! My vehicle did this fun little stunt 1 time yesterday. I
drove it across the street to a Firestone service center & of course, I was able to turn the vehicle on & off repeatedly
in the parking lot of a service center! I did not even bother going in to speak with anyone. Now I wonder how worried
should I be about this possibly happening again? What could the problem be? Could this be a common problem
with this vehicle resulting in any recalls?

15,975

Check your wiring at the starter. If all is ok there I'd suspect the ignition switch next. HTH. -Jim