Wipers turn on by themselves and won't turn off.

mffenton
10

Asked by mffenton Mar 21, 2010 at 09:27 PM about the 2005 Suzuki XL-7 LX 4WD

My wife's 2005 XL7 has gone nuts.  While driving home from work, her front and rear wipers turned on and wouldn't turn back off.  She didn't touch the wiper controls, they just come on by themselves.  Also, her left turn signal light stays lit on the gauge cluster even when the turn signal isn't on.  When you turn the turn signal on, it blinks as though there is a bulb out even though all bulbs are fine.
Here's the real kicker, during the day, the car starts and none of the above symptoms present themselves, if you turn it on in the evening, it does all things stated above.

mffenton
10

Things just got a little more interesting but now it makes sense why it only does it at night. The fog light ground or switch is messed up. When I turn off the fog lights everything works just fine and since she keeps her lights on Auto the problem only presents itself at night. I'll keep it posted here just in case anyone has the same problem.