what could be wrong if the check engin light comes on at 66k and we have not been driving with atiltitude changes?

captainjack
0

Asked by captainjack Sep 03, 2012 at 09:40 PM about the 2007 Mazda MAZDA6 i Sport - Touring

4,785

Could be anything, have the codes read at autozone or advance. They do it for free

Jack Burton
155

could just be a loose or aging fuel cap...clean the fuel cap with wd-40 around where it seals and also the top of the fuel filler tube,before replacing fuel cap disconnect the battery for 60 seconds and reconnect it and put the fuel cap back on, the check engine light should be off and your gas cap might just work now.

Bradley Shelledy
665

It could be the gas cap, but after about 2005 most manufacturers started putting in a separate light for the gas cap so I'd have the codes read to be sure