car will not start ?

snakebit
35

Asked by snakebit Jul 25, 2007 at 06:10 PM about the 2007 Volkswagen Beetle 2.5L Convertible

Brand new 2007 Beetle - 5speed.
After purchasing drove it home from the dealer, approx 35 miles, parked it and the next morning it would not start. The key turned and the accessories all came. You could hear one click but the engine would not turn over. Got out of the car and hear multiple clicks, waited about 10min. still would not start. Dealer had to send tech & tow truck, both men tried it & it would not start. Towed it in and dealer said it cranked right up. Dealer put on diagnotics with no errors, said it was a fluke ! No one has answered me as to how the anti theft system noted on the papers works. Does it immobilize the car, a horn blow or what. Are there warning lights I need to look for? Dealer has not gone over car with me as I was to take it in the next day for a review, which never happened since it wouldn't start.
HELP HELP HELP.

Thanks, Faye Scott

snake42787
255

Most new cars that have alarm systems intalled at factory have a ignition kill switch that prevents it from starting unless you hit the unlock button on remote. Did you lock the doors if you have an alarm system? that could be one reason why it wouldnt start for you.