what does my 94 cav rs need exactly?

Jill Budny
0

Asked by Jill Nov 16, 2012 at 06:53 PM about the 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier RS

One night I was driving 300 mi.  I stopped about midway, when turning off the car I bumped the wiper stalk... didn't think anything of it and don't know if it's involved. (wipers won't stop once switched on until they 'feel' like it, it doesn't spray for the wash and delay doesn't work)  I returned to the car and when I started it noticed that the dash wasn't lit.

I figured I could determine speed another way well enough and continued on.  Shortly after I entered the fwy I noticed no traffic in front of me nor oncoming in the opposite direction so I pulled back to turn the brights on and my headlights completely went out.  Clicking from high to low and back the only moment of light was the transition..  so I held the stalk back for the remaining 100+ mi.  What is wrong with/do I need for, my 94 Cav RS?

jtolfree
175

Try checking your alternator resistence as to maybe your alternator could be putting out less power then what it should be putting out.

45,615

Sounds like you have to replace/repair the multifunction switch and check your fuses.

jwhalen70
390

Switch is bad, i bet ur hand got tired holding the switch for so long

aztec626bf
6,505

Agreed check your switch and fuses.....