12,000 mile oil change

themailman
0

Asked by themailman Jan 18, 2008 at 10:46 PM about the 2007 Cadillac DTS Standard V8

Info on a good brand of oil to use.

papa

me personaly,i use valovine 10w30-40,your manual will tell what to use in your car,if states 12,000 mile oil change i would use mobil 1 syntec,but check out your manual first.

casper271
3,965

I prefer Quater State. 5W-30, I use it in all my cars and my racecars (old and new). Oil brands are like car brands, everyone has a fav. ie ford-vs-chevy. I do beleive you shouldn't use synthetic oil until afer the break in period, for me that means after the first oil change. Hope this helps, best of luck.

papa

hay,casper,12,000 miles time for oil change.don't you think.me every 3,000.

casper271
3,965

whoops about that, I should of clarified. yes some cars say 3000 miles (5000 kms here in Canada) but with the new oil moniters in the cars today, They let you know when the oil needs to be changed, so you dont waste money and oil chaging the oil when you really dont need to. I have seen cars go 18 000 kms (11250 miles). If it is all highway (all go not alot of stopping). My buds caddy sts went 22104 kms before it told him to change the oil. It all depends on your look at it, I really dont want the same oil in my car for that long. Hope this helps.

papa

casper .check your e mail in garage

casper271
3,965

replied, Did you get the message? sorry about highjacking this thread.... my bad.

papa

yes i did ,and me to.