what would cause my temperature gauge not to work and engine light come on in my 2007 chevy hhr ?

suzyq8432
0

Asked by suzyq8432 Oct 27, 2011 at 10:19 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet HHR LS

Tom Torres
1,525

get ur car scaned for codes but i will take a chance and and say it is possibly p0128 or something like that for coolant temp below regulating threshold which means either temp sensor or new t stat let me know what the codes r plz

pacopike1
70

I had the same problem. In fact, I had my thermostat replaced 3 times in 1 year. This lead me to re-think the problem. I had the same code p0128, low temp threshold. I couldn't imagine received 3 faulty thermostats. The final result was the Engine Coolant temperature sensor was faulty. It was sending low read reading to the onboard computer. Since the coolant temp sensor was replaced, no problems.

Kevin Robinson
895

electric connection or sensor problem , if the ecm cant get a proper temp reading it turns engine light on

ScottT
95

I had the same type of problem but mine was eratic working some times not working and a check engine light. I found the temp sending sensor and messed with the connection and wires and haven't had that problem ever again.

Clockman901
0

I had same intermittent issue, plus while it was happening, my remote start would not work. I replaced sensor and checked all wires but problem persisted. This year I replaced the factory wheels with custom wheels which forced me to replace the tire pressure sensors. That cured the problem. Somehow that was fooling and sending bad info to the computer, causing this annoying problem.

Kevin Asher
10

i have the same prob i replaced the sensor and broke it off when replacing it now the check engine light is on. and my fans run constancly