thermostat location on Chevy HHR 2007 LS 2.2L engine

Debbie Larson
0

Asked by Debbie Feb 05, 2011 at 02:00 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet HHR LS

My thermostat quit working and the service engine light came on. We fixed the light
problem but the code said thermostat sensor problem. I cannot find a repair manual
with diagrams for this model anywhere. can anyone tell me where the
thermostat/sensor is located?
Thanks

shewe
45

it is close to the thermostat housing back side of engine

bt0210
115

Just follow the lower radiator hose located on the lower drivers hand side of the radiator. It will lead you right to the thermostat housing. Just behind it you will see the temperature sensor unit. The housing is bolted in with two 10mm head bolts. The new thermostat will have an o-ring on it, just make sure the old o-ring is removed with the old thermostat. Drain the radiator by disconnecting the lower radiator hose and removing the radiator cap to increase flow. I recommend going to Autozone and investing $36 for an OEM hose clamp removal tool. It's a very tight space and you will waste alot of time scraping your knuckles for nothing.

You think this is helpful.