should the air compressor for the automatic level control on my 2007 Chevy Suburban be loud enough to hear inside vehicle and cycle on and off all the time ?

cclifton
135

Asked by cclifton Nov 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM about the 2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 1500 4WD

14,845

if it cycles constantly then there is a leak somewhere. the concoction in this video will be great to find the leak. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9ASVgO9U6k it makes the bubbles last longer and the liquid is thicker so it wont thin out before the bubbles form it is also way inexpensive and you already probably have all three products. put this into a dollar store spray bottle and go ham on the air lines and shocks/bags till you find the leak.

Best Answer
14,845

For it to be loud enough to draw the attention of other people on the road something is possibly wrong with the pump and it may very well be what is causing the leak. I have actually seen this on a shop grade compressor where one of its multiple one way valves was broken causing it to be very loud and not hold pressure. The valve would open when the pump sucked air in and close when it pressurized that air and pushed it into the tank. The valve snapped and left the hole open and the noise behind the valve that was normally muffled by the valve itself was able to travel outside of the pump. Those pumps are normally loud to where you have to raise your voice a little to communicate. When that valve went bad we had to scream to each other to communicate. This is only a theory and there is also a possibility of it being the line near the pump also. Another possibility is that the lines aren't even connected and the pump is turning off after an automatic temperature breaker pops. Its overheating and once it cools down its coming back on. Do you feel the vehicles height changing?

cclifton
135

Well , took the suburban back to the dealership where I purchased it less than a week ago . Which I would like to add is not a Chevy or even a GM dealership . The service advisor whome I also might add was a svc tech for GM for some time was very familiar with the automatic level control on my suburban . As soon as he heard it he said there was defiantly something wrong . Service tech confirmed that the compressor was shot . They then proceeded to inform mefthat they weren't going to fix it under thier pre owned warranty plan because of the mileage . The sales man told me the day I purchased it to bring it back Monday and they would fix , repair , replace whatever was wrong , because they wanted me to be happy with my purchase . Conveniently he wasn't there , probibally why he specified Monday . After 3 hours of going back and fourth between finance manager , sales manager , and service manager , and threatining to put a stop payment on my down payment check and leave the suburban there . I finally got them to agree to replace the bad compressor $850.00 and a loaner car .

14,845

They are charging you $850 or giving you $850? I hope you didn't agree to pay $850 http:// www.suncoreindustries.com/ chevrolet-suspension/Suburban/ 2007-2011-air-ride-compressor.php when the compressor itself is only $210 + tax and it comes with instructions on how to do it yourself.

cclifton
135

No , thats what they said parts and labor would cost , I aint paying them sh*t

14,845

Ok good

cclifton
135

They have had my car for 8 days now . They ordered compressor from suncoreindustries.com and said it was shipped two day delivery . Still no part as of today so still no car . What a nightmare !!!!

14,845

Omg I would be livid, if you want to say F*** them and have the $130 to spend you could buy the parts yourself and put it in on a Saturday. Just a thought.

cclifton
135

Oh LIVID doesn't even describe it !!!!! If it wasn't something they owed me I would ! I could have done had the part and fixed it myself ! I imagine before its all said and done I will go the F### off on them . I have called them every day multiple times a day just to get told a different excuse . Whenever I get my car in my possession I will give them the worst review they will ever have seen, and I may not stop there !

14,845

We have a dealer/shop around here like that. Nothing but negative reviews I don't know how they are still in business. No one I have talked to has said good things. They called me inquiring about my resume which is public on career builder. I told them to shove it. I wouldn't be surprised if they scam people into thinking their car needs $1000+ worth of work and then convincing them to sell.

cclifton
135

Well , this dealership was spoken very highly of and reputation is the reason I did business with them . Don't know what happened ! Guess I'm not living rite or something . LOL Maybe I'm that 1 in 100 who get screwed !

ali_avalanche
0

hello happy new year everybody. well I got 07 chevy avalanche and the comprossor sound become higher recenlty and little bit noicy, I consult with the local shop and they inform me intrior part are damaged. ( baring ) well I will find new or used one through junk yard for 2011 or 2012 model.. anyways, I am just wondering how offen do you hear it while you driving? when I drive in slop rode or rode with bumbs I start hearing the compressor again to work is that normal ?

cclifton
135

Now that mine is repaired and working properly , you can not hear it at all inside of vehicle . The only times I hear the compressor is from outside the vehicle , generally at start up or loading persons or anything of significant weight with vehicle running .

cclifton
135

You can also find all parts needed for your repair if unsuccessful @ junk yard by going to ... http:// www.suncoreindustries.com/ chevrolet-suspension/Suburban/ 2007-2011-air-ride-compressor.php

CBurb
0

Can I just say that you guys just saved me $1200?

14,845

Awesome