Truck won't start

Tiffany Sneddon
0

Asked by Tiffany Oct 27, 2012 at 05:43 PM about the 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac XLT 4WD

I was driving the truck and the truck stopped and shut off, it won't start like it's not getting fuel to it or
something.  It's not my battery, it keeps cranking when I try but it just won't start now.  I was stopped at a
stop light and it shut off.

Bill Watts
85

Ford has this crazy thing that can go wrong randomly, the fuel pump saftey shut off switch you can check that first, then check fuel pump, filter and fuel pressure regulator. one of those is most likely be the culprit

frankchevyman
40

it sounds to be your fuel pump,..be sure to reset that saftey shut off switch after replacing your fuel pump

Jennifer Nolan Lowen
60

I'm having the same issue. Replaced the fuel filter, pump working fine ad the fuel cut off switch is functioning as it should. Checked all fuses. Turns over but still won't start.

antiquesrus
10

your catalytic convertors are plugged.take out 2 o2 sensors on the exhaust and try to start it happened to me and i just figured it out

antiquesrus
10

what happens is ur engine has no where to get rid of the gasses .once u take o2 sensors out it will run rough because it still doesnt have enough plces to get rid of the gasses until u get rid of the cats or replace them. i had same problem for two weeks now and finally took sensors out and it fired.it about time