I have a 01 saturn sl2 that wont start and is reading empty when I know there is a 1/4 tank or more. Also the car was jumped because the battery was dead the cables were backwards for a min. Help

jross42890
0

Asked by jross42890 Dec 27, 2013 at 12:58 PM about the 2001 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

judge_roy

two things....fuseable link....and MEGA fuse~ need help will find a few cartoons fer ye~

judge_roy

this is easy...get a replacement installed...NOT simply a hunk of wire, but has definite properties~

judge_roy

okay look for the green wire that is connected to the starter motor that says "fusible link"~

judge_roy

cannot find the MEGA fuse....guess you don't have one~ now with the fuel delivery problem am going to suggest looking at the fuel pump relay...and the 12.5 volts that are supposed to close the contacts for that....you haven't got good ground...take a wirebrush to the lug on the end of the 1/0 black battery cable....wirebrush the spot where it connects 'till shiny....bolt them back for restored ground and things will start behaving themselves like the gas gauge and the fuel pump~ NOT bad advise~

creeksidesmithy
0

Check the under hood fuse panel on the left side of the engine compartment near the shock tower. Use your test light to check the 10 Amp PCM fuse. Replace if bad.