I have post on here a few times,and still need help,about the idleing too high

geterdone
0

Asked by geterdone Apr 05, 2013 at 08:00 PM about the 1999 Saturn S-Series 3 Dr SC1 Coupe

When I took the old IAC unit off,I stick my finger in the insert and it is black.,should it be clean ?,if it does,what cleaner do I use ?

nosmo
1,495

just clean it with a rag. You could clean it with anything.

45,635

CRC makes a air flow sensor cleaner spray. It should work on a intake air temperature sensor. You could also try electrical contact cleaner spray if you can't find the CRC stuff.

45,635

The high idle speed could be caused by a vacuum leak. It could also be a sensor. Try getting the codes read to see if any codes are pending.