My radio is on lock mode, cant get it off lock mode?

Natalie Olivas
0

Asked by Natalie Mar 13, 2013 at 03:32 PM about the 1994 Saturn S-Series 2 Dr SC1 Coupe

Michael McGrail
4,995

I found these steps on the internet to assist you: ***Read all steps before attempting. You are on a time limit when entering codes, so knowing what to do in advance will save alot of frustration*** 1.) To begin, if your radio is displays LOC, then proceed to step 2. If your radio says INOP, then turn your ignition to the RUN position, and turn the radio ON. You must leave it like this for a minimum of 1 hour (not 59 minutes) to clear the INOP message. I would wait 1 1/2 hours just in case doing it too early causes the timer to start over. 2.) Turn your ignition to RUN (if not already), and your radio to OFF. Press and hold preset buttons 2 and 3 for around 5-10 seconds to obtain a scrambled version of your radio's original factory set code. 3.) Call 800-537-5140 and ignore whatever you are promted to do (something about different dealer brands Chevy, Pontiac, Saturn,etc.), and type the number 202108 into your phone and then press the # button. 4.) Input your radio's 4 digit code into your phone when prompted, then press the * button (NOT pound symbol like above step) and be ready with a pen and paper to write down the unscrambled code. Keep this code somewhere you WILL NOT lose it. I wrote mine in the notes section of the owners manual. 5.) Once you have the code written down, press and hold 5 and 6 on your radio's preset buttons for 5-10 seconds. 6.) Then press the seek down button once to start the entry process. 7.) Using the following key, repeatedly press the buttons to set your code: seek down = first digit seek up = second digit tune down = third digit tune up = fourth digit 8.) Once you have the code entered, press AM/FM to set it. You can also take it to any GM dealership and they can help you out. I am sure they will charge you labor of course.