Hey, I have 93 saturn sl2 that i just bought out of pure need of a cheap car fast. He said it has a turbo on a rebuit engine 50,000 miles ago, but when I hit the brakes and slow down, the rpms rev themselves up when the needle hits about 2, then again when it hits about 1, then it is fine. Any idears???

Wrecked
0

Asked by Wrecked Apr 12, 2013 at 06:02 PM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

7jimmy7
10,615

brake power booster may be loosing vacuum ,when braking, the engine management is trying to fill this sudden void of drop

Racer_X
12,715

I'm guessing you already know that the Saturn SL2 was never made with a turbo (The only Saturn that did have one was the Sky Redline Convertible). Wondering what mods he did to the car to allow it to accommodate the aftermarket turbo (is this where the rebuilt engine comes in....or was that done BEFORE the turbo was installed??).