engine mounts?

Jay Ryan
25

Asked by Jay Oct 01, 2011 at 01:31 AM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL2 Sedan

my 1993 sl2 has 175,000 miles on it and i recently had to put a new engine top mount in it. This is the 3rd one that i have had to put on in 3 years, why is this happening? My clutch went at 151,000 when my front frame broke, so i had to replace frame, put new dog bones on the bottom mounts for tranny and motor,  tie rods inner and outer, control arms, ball joints, sway bar, and bushings, new slave  and master,new brake pad, rotors, and calipers all the way around.If any one can help it  would really be nice im sick of replacing my top mount. about $3,000.00 worth of parts.

Alex Nazarian
775

So are you replacing the top motor mount because of excessive vibrations? and chances are youre using the "frowny" style motor mount: http://www.saturnfans.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/51815/title/top-mounts/cat/all Its a bad design and you should get the solid motor mount (the mount on the right side of the picture)

Jay Ryan
25

ill try the new mount. just dont want to get ride of the car have alot of miles and money into it, looks like it still came off the showroom floor from top to under neath no rust at all b-sides the normal but that got fixed. thanks for the tip

Jay Ryan
25

does the new mount cause alot of vibration?