I hear a noise coming from the front wheels, it's like a popping noise and I can feel it in the steering wheel. I can feel while driving and especially when I press the breaks as well. What could this be please reply ASAP

Kate7386
0

Asked by Kate7386 Dec 29, 2012 at 07:11 PM about the 2007 Chrysler Sebring 4 Dr Limited

I have recently replaced the pads and
driver side cv axle but neither of them
where the problem.

8,275

What side is the noise coming from? turn the wheel to full lock and do a little circle for each direction and tell me what noises happen.

Kate7386
0

It still makes the popping noise it's weird because it doesn't happen all the time. While driving you can hear it and feel it in the steering wheel but not always. Any idea what this could be??

62,855

Could be brakes. Could be wheel bearings. Could be a broken spring. Could be a loose sway bar. Maybe you should take it to a repair shop where they can get it on a lift and check it out. Does it sound like a fast popping from the wheels spinning or a slow pop when you go over bumps?

Cricket56
0

I am having the same problem with the popping noise from the front drivers side. Can also feel it in the steering wheel. Almost sounds like something is loose or the bearings are bad.

Cricket56
0

Could it be the strut mounts that are bad?