why does my 1995 Chevy Lumina get hot sometimes?

Cheryl Schradin
0

Asked by Cheryl Nov 19, 2012 at 08:50 AM about the 1995 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr STD Sedan

why does my 1995 Chevy Lumina get hot sometimes? I have had it to the repair shop several times in
recent months. new thermostat, new radiator, new radiator cap.Still it sometimes overheats when idling.
when driving temp guage goes up to hot but comes back down. I am not sure my mechanic understands
when I am trying to explain.

45,735

Some of the GM V6 engines need to have the air bled out of the cooling system. I would think that a repair shop would know that.

12,875

Does it overheat only when sitting still and then come back down when you start driving or does it come back down while its still sitting still?

Best Answer
Cheryl Schradin
0

Hot only while idling.

12,875

Do the cooling fans kick on?

Cheryl Schradin
0

Took car to shop again, they finally found a lower radiator hose leaking, replaced it and car seems to be fine now. I appreciate your answers and time, thank you!!