Engine coughs or misses at 80k

Chestermere
0

Asked by Chestermere Apr 06, 2013 at 03:43 PM about the 2006 Kia Sorento LX 4WD

Our 2006 Sorento has an issue where between 60 and 80k the engine lurches or coughs. After accelerating past 80
the problem is gone. The local dealership cleaned the fuel injectors, that didn't fix the problem. Before I take it back
has anyone had the same problem? If so how was it fixed?

judge_roy

I'd blame the EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculator) is full of exhaust by 80,000 and needs to be cleaned....you may want to put new gaskets on there if yours are all buggered up...Paint thinner and a blast of air, or carb cleaner if you're get spendy about it~ clean the crud, use a brush, knock and wash the crud off and re-assemble using new gaskets~