I have checked the fuses on my 2006 Kia Sorento to see why radio does not work. A friend said I might check the antenna but it looks fine to me. Any other things I could check?

taxdoll33
0

Asked by taxdoll33 Jan 16, 2013 at 12:27 PM about the 2006 Kia Sorento LX

CadiSts562
55

Is your stereo receiving any power?? Or is it completely off? if the face of your stereo lights up, and is receiving power, what exactly is wrong with it? Your problem could be a few things aside from the fuse. You could have a bad wiring. The wiring could have been connected incorrectly, bad relay. of you could have a bad ground connection.

taxdoll33
0

Stereo or speakers do not work.

CadiSts562
55

I would have the power cables checked to make sure they are connected right (cables to battery and the ground cable). Most electrical problems are due to poor ground connections and faulty wiring. If all the connections seem to be good. try and voltage test at the back of the radio to see if Power is indeed getting to the stereo. You may have a bad relay or faulty module.