where to find AT gear shift parts, no overdrive button

79Bronco
5

Asked by 79Bronco Jul 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM about the 2006 Kia Sorento EX

nylon (?) stem in shift lever broken at top where cam lock screws on.  dealer only sells complete assembly top to bottom; from shift knob to base bracket.  

Christopher Taza
1,295

Only way to get it is complete or at a junkyard, next time don't over tighten the screws. Use blue loctite on the threads when installing to prevent the screw from backing out in the future. Hope this helps

br44
0

amazing this happen to me a week ago the kia dealer want to sell me the whole part so i'm trying the jungle yard so far no luck men who ever though a little plastic stick so much trouble and worst you have to buy the whole component some car you could buy that plastic stick under $50.00 and the cam lock for $6.00 the whole component is $350.00 . best of luck...