where to find AT gear shift parts, no overdrive button

79Bronco
5

Asked by 79Bronco Jul 11, 2011 at 11:52 AM about the 2006 Kia Sorento EX

nylon (?) stem in shift lever broken at top where cam lock screws on.  dealer only sells complete assembly top to bottom; from shift knob to base bracket.  

Christopher Taza
1,295

I have never seen that before, ever. I'd get the complete assembly from the dealership and let them install it. Part should be covered for a year or 12,000 miles whichever comes first.

epzamora
40

i had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. dealership says they'll sell me the part for a bit over their cost but with labor comes to nearly $500. ridiculous for such a small piece. right now i'm driving it with just the exposed white nylon thing sticking up. there's gotta be a replacement out there. any suggestions?

Ladypink1
0

I super glued it, but know it is tempoary. I want to try to fix it myself. Two auto shops told me to go to the dealer. Actually the car runs great, but I have a number of these issues. Automatic locks, broke, cruz control, stopped working? radio, will only hisss, cant open my door from the inside. Have to roll down the window and reach out side. The list gos on, air conditioning has been out, I live in AZ.