Asked by kwhittaker Mar 15, 2009 at 05:44 PM about the 2006 Kia Sorento EX

Hi have a vibration on my sorento which only seems to happen at 55mph as anybody got any ideas

Jon Crooks

Have you had your tires balanced lately? It is more than likely a balance issue.

I have a 2006 Sorento with a similar problem. When I apply on the gas going 30 mph or faster I feel a shaking or vibration. My husband took it into have the tires rotated & balanced, but the problem is still there?

Pocket, Have you hit a kerb lately, or a hole in the road? This could lead to damage to the cv joint, stearing rack, track rod ends,etc. It could also be that one of the engine mounts is loose/broken. You will need to have the whole front end inspected by someone who knows what they are looking for. Get down, and get dirty

vibration can be due to various reasons. u got to get ur vehicle checked to know what exactly is the cause.

I've the same problem. Had the front end checked, found nothing,so they said. This came from a garage that does mainly suspension work. Could the engine mount really cause this to happen?

Worn, or split rubbers on the mounts could easily cause this problem, but since you have had the ok on the front end, perhaps you should look elsewhere. Take the timing belt off, and ensure that the belt is running true, and that the bottom pulley is running true as well. There was a fault on the bottom pulley bolt on this model, if I remember right. I will have to look and see if I still have that note on the computer somewhere. If I have I will post it on here, it might just help. It is not on this comp. will try the other tomorrow. Oh, did you do the timing yourself, or was it done in a garage?

Been having same vibration issue. On mine it is only during acceleration of a small amount. If I go fast through the speed no issue, more when i am cruising at that speed range. Put new tie rod end that was worn, balanced and alliegned. Still vibration. It has 62,000 miles, and I need to do timing belt. Could timming cause this issue? and did you find the timing problem info you mentioned above.

I am experiencing a similar Vib. I have an above average level of mech. Experience. Last year I replaced my complete drive shaft ( really easy) as a 2007 owner, I had to replace the whole thing as simple hanger bearings were unavailable. Hint: buy a salvage yard shaft. I saved well over $600.00. Anyway, I am going to pursue early stages of a wheel bearing failure. I have replaced 3 so far . Then tire replacement as two of mine are overdue for rotation and tire "cupping" can cause a pulsating humming noise and Vib. Anyone else? Please help if you can. Thanks

funny story hear. had vibration from 68 - 72. dealer replaced rear end, was good (or better) but never went away. Had TB and water pump replaced yesterday and now the vibration is much much less and now is consistently only at 70 mph........

PDATE -- I had read on another post it could be related to tire pressure...... sounded a bit lame BUT, I tried it, set tires at 32lbs (sticker on vehicle recommends 30psi) took it out for a drive and dang it if it almost completely removed the vibration. TRY IT!!! MAde my day. What and where I feel it now seems to be the right rear. May have to do with wheel runout or maybe wheel bearings. But it is SOOO MUCH better than it was I will deal with that later.

I have a 2014 which I just bought in July, brought it in to the dealer and they balanced the tires and everything and told me it may have just been flat spots in the tires. Gave it back to me and said it was fixed, but, it wasn't. It happens at 55 mph and sometimes feel it during braking, not to mention a slight jerking during braking as well.