my 96 lumina fuel pump went out after changing it tried starting car. it backfired now runs extremely rough. suggestions?

righand420
0

Asked by righand420 Jan 01, 2013 at 04:01 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

Tom Torres
1,425

check for codes did u do a fuel filter as well?

45,735

Try disconnecting the battery to reset everything.

30,985

For your sake hope this ain't it but if yours is fuel injected and has a plastic intake manifold and backfired thru the intake you probably have a cracked intake manifold now. I learned this myself the hard way when one of mine backfired thru the intake. Hope this helps but also hope this is not your problem.

aztec626bf
6,505

As dandyoun mentioned....to check for this you can use can of either and spray around manifold while running if you find a leak you will notice increase in rpm for a moment. What happens if you give it gas when you have it running?