My 2001 Jaguar S-Type lost all power. I cut the car on because it had not been started in a month then lost complete power 5 minutes later. The only thing that comes on is te radio. No lights will not attempt to turnover or anything. When I put the key into the ignition I hear a chime sound. What could be the problem?

dhood90
0

Asked by Sep 23, 2013 at 11:05 PM about the 2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 4.0

Ronc258
4,730

Try cleaning all battery conections and make sure your bat is good bats are ussaly only good for about 5 years

dhood90
0

I replacedthe battery already and took the car to 2 different import specialists and they did not have an answer. When explained to the actual jaguar dealership they were lost because they never heardof anything ike that happening

Ronc258
4,730

Check all the grounds you may have lost power to the ecm

ronnie, m'boy you've nailed it~~! use a COARSE wirebrush on both the lug and the stud/location on the chassis~

Fuel Pump, Ignition, Accesories such as windshield wipers, radio and the ECM all use this ground connection...ECM's do NOT LIKE "brown power" that is to say what varies in voltages and available amperages for steady decision making by the trusted computer's brain~

....and 300 cold cranking amps is nothing...one should be able to withstand a DEAD short for three seconds and come back fightin' ready to start your car...charge up times should be alot less then all day long...the ability to accept a charge diminishes ten percent per year...that's why five is plenty old for it to stop askin' the alternator for more and more charge....cookin' the 'lectronics~

This level of Amperage actually "welds" the connection" creating a tad bit of corrosion with each start...and though one tries to keep a "clean house" one cannot stop thermal expansion and contraction...the morning dew and the municipal salt trucks~...in short corrosion will happen if not from dis- similar metals wanting different melt-points, but the exchange goes through air...on a microscopic level...but creates ongoing corrosion...which you cannot see~