My 1996 Chevy Caprice's a.c. Is not blowing air out of the vents . What could be causing this?

Ndrf
0

Asked by Ndrf Oct 14, 2012 at 03:49 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Base

12,815

Vacuum line that controls the hvac control. That's if its similar to the camaro. Its not blowing out the vents or its blowing hot air out?

Ndrf
0

Not blowing air at all

12,815

No air from anywhere? Bad fuse, bad relay, bad blower motor, bad wiring. Pull the blower motor and put 12V to it and see if it spins

13,075

Check the blower motor as stated above. If that checks out check the blower motor resistor block. I had to replace the resistor block twice on my '93 Caprice during the 19 years I owned it. HTH. -Jim

12,815

Didn't high still work jim? The resistor has every speed run through it except high so its trail is to have high and only others go out like 1 or 1, 2 or all 3 lows.

12,815

Trait not trail...... just woke up

John Leone
3,845

no, if it is only high working, blower motor resistor guarantee....they are down near the blower motor (or up i should say), and water/condensation sits there constantly, so be prepared to rewire in the "pig-tail" and a resistor, COMMON....if high also isn't working, then start at the fuse, and the relay (relay=near blower fan also), any more info message me.

13,075

Yes, high still worked on my '93. That is correct. On high speed the resistor block is by-passed. Correct again on the resistor block location. It sits right next to the blower motor under the dash. All the way on the right (passenger) side. HTH -Jim

12,815

That's what I was getting at is there is nothing so I was simply ruling out the resistor pack.