hard to start & will cut off after it starts. seem like fan is coming on then off as it idles. what to do next?

Gewalker74
15

Asked by Gewalker74 Feb 27, 2013 at 08:48 AM about the 1993 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

I've change plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor, fuel filter, idle cont valve, pcv, coolant temp sensor, & map
sensor. I clean carb, egr valve, & mass air flow sensor. Only code was 15, that's why I replace
coolant temp sensor. It started but cut right back off. I spray starter fuild in an it will start, I can
drive then stalls out. But will start right back up without spraying starter fuild in. Its getting spark
from icm and fuel pressure seems to be fine. It has 102,678mi on it. Everything original except what
I've changed. Will new timing chain solve problem?

7jimmy7
9,475

no chain ,security maby

Gewalker74
15

Would there be a kill switch located under dash board somewhere?

DanR63
175

Have you checked your fuel pump pressure? The pump may be weak. thus letting start but not idle.

Gewalker74
15

Im still at a lost. I replaced fuel pump. Still won't start. So I replaced spark plugs again, same result. Could the carburator be bad? Or is the timing off?

DanR63
175

Still sounds like a no fuel situation. Try checking the injectors/throttle body unit. If you are sprying fluid in and the car runs unitl it runs out the car is starving for fuel.

Gewalker74
15

Change injectors/throttle body. Still won't start up. It almost started but no dice. Could the timing chain be a factor?

ZanetaRose
0

Did you ever find the problem? We are having the same or similar situation with our 92 Buick Roadmaster sedan. Starts up ok then after turning her off then starting her again she dies. If we feather the gas she gets straightened out and then runs fine. No loss of power or choking out or nothing. Almost every start after the initial cold start causes this problem. It use to be worse in the summer and hardly at all in the winter. Now it is doing it whether it is hot or not. It is an intermittent problem though. HELP!

ZanetaRose
0

Has anyone ever considered the junction box under the dash on driver's side where the ignition, blinker, cruise control wires etc come together? We were considering that cuz we have done everything except the fuel filter. Are you having problems with the electrical related to the turn signals or the wipers? Our wipers will come on by themselves if i use the turn signal or sometimes just out of the blue, they come on.