replaced the starter

Wilbert Richardson
0

Asked by Wilbert Jan 19, 2013 at 04:52 PM about the 1993 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Limited Sedan

ok i went in a store came out car wouldn't start so i was told it was the starter i bought a starter. still was doing the same thing so i took that one back and now it's doing the same thing my lights and everything work just wont start....please help

103,895

It's either no spark or no fuel. Check for fuel pressure. Do you hear the pump when you turn the key?

DanR63
225

What year RM do you have? Is the engine cranking? or no cranking? If you have the chip in your key and you car is high mileage the key/lock assembly could be worn. This causes the "antitheft interlock" to activate and the car will not crank. I have had this happen on both of my high milage RM wagons. You will need at the very least have a new key made. If the lock assembly is real worn you will need to replace everything (lock and key set). I just needed new keys.