Where is the timer for the interior lights located? My lights don't always go off!

acasteen
10

Asked by acasteen Oct 30, 2012 at 02:15 PM about the 1994 Buick Roadmaster 4 Dr Base Sedan

Randomly, but more often of late, my interior lights don't go off after exiting the car.  Yes, I checked that the light switch wasn't keeping the lights on.
Thanks

21,625

Timer is in the bcm do the door switches operate properly?

21,625

I might be wrong on the bcm but I'm almost positive.

acasteen
10

The door switches seem to operate properly but I will double check. What and where is the "bcm?" Sorry for my lack of knowledge. Thanks for your continued help.

21,625

Body control module. Try unplugging the dimmer switch to see what happens. Do you have the warning indicator telling you a door is open?

acasteen
10

There is no warning indicator for a door ajar. I've put the fuse back in an it seems to be going off normally.. the two times I've tested it so far. By dimmer switch I presume you mean the headlight dimmer switch; is that correct? Also, where is the bcm? Sorry I'm not more informed but I do appreciate you help and your patience.