How do I turn off the light saying oil change due?

parker
25

Asked by parker Jul 21, 2007 at 07:01 PM about the 2007 Ford Explorer XLT

I had my oil changed, but they forget to trip the light, now it says get oil changed soon each time I turn on the car

22,435

Sorry this isn't more detailed, but your owners manual will tell you how to shut the light off.

Anonymous
0

THE OWNERS MANUAL DOES NOT DISCUSS HOW TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF. THE GUYS AT THE GARAGE DO NOT KNOW EITHER.

Explorertheworld_07
155

Have you tried unhooking the battery for a few minutes to let the computer reset itself!We had the same problem with one of our vehicles a few years backl.

dlg
20

I have the same problem, 07 explorer. I called the dealership today and they don't know either. They tried for 1/2 hr to find out how. Now I have to go over so they can try to figure it out.

Anne Marie Schultz
35

you gotta reset on the entire car. i have an 2006 model and it should be the same on mine as on yours. on your main dash where you should have temp, miles til empty, actual miles on the car...etc. single puch button go into the menu on the dash and it comes up with menu, and then like push to reset, *push* then it should come up with the oil level, and say push if oil is new *push*. And the light should go out after that. if not do the manual reset on it. im not to sure what the trick is, but i would do the dash reset first.

Daniel Reed
1,915

OK GUYS, THIS IS HOW YOU RESET THE OIL CHANGE LIGHT. Press reset to clear any messages that are shown. Press MENU until SYSTEM CHECK is shown. As it goes through the check, the CHANGE OIL message will show. When it does, quickly press and release RESET. Then press and hold RESET. It will tell you when it is reset.

You think this is helpful.
Permelia
40

Push the button until it says oil change due. Then hold the button down until it changes, that is how the saleslady told me to do it.

papa

just unhook battery for 10 min to clear out any and all codes,the computer will reset itself,all lights will be off rehook battery,do key on key off 3 times dont start engine while doing this.

SteveAF
10

Daniel was right on. After trying to reset this for 2 weeks, this was the only thing that work. Thanks Daniel!!!!! :-)

brian099
10

Daniel is almost right in his description as far as my 2010 Explorer goes, but it was close enough. This is how mine worked -- Push and RELEASE the select/reset (s/r) button to clear the oil change message -- Push and HOLD the s/r button until it reads "System Check/Hold Reset", then release and immediately... -- Push and RELEASE the button repeatedly to scroll through the menu until you get to " Hold Reset if New Oil" -- Press and HOLD until it says "Oil life set to 100%", then release and you're done. The system will revert to the regular readout in a moment.