96 Beretta wont start

mandos
35

Asked by mandos Aug 05, 2011 at 05:16 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Beretta 2 Dr STD Coupe

!996 Beretta 3.1 V6. Engine quit on a hot day in traffic. Then after it cooled it ran fine. Then months later would not start. Replaced 4 of the plugs and wires, the crankshaft sensor, the throttle position sensor. Removed ignition computer and it checked OK at two different shops. It turns over fine and a few times almost started. But then most of the time there is NO SPARK AT ANY OF THE PLUGS. No spark at any of the 3 coils.....PLEASE HELP

Andrew Strong
275

theres a control module that the coils sit on.. either its bad or the wiring going to it is bad.. my mothers 96 century had similar problem , I replaced the control module that the coils sit on and poof it started and ran...