How do I adjust my door on a 1992 Buick Regal so it will close tighter against the seals?

DougieKroeger
0

Asked by DougieKroeger Aug 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM about the 1992 Buick Regal 2 Dr Gran Sport Coupe

This car is a 1992 Buick Regal Gran Sport. 2 Door. Every time it rains I get a bunch of water in the floorboard of my car. Floorboard meaning passenger side rear, Driver side rear and driver side front. Are my doors not closing tight enough?

Fordtudor37
5,095

The door locking bar (mounted on the body pillars) needs to be adjusted in slightly, BUT if you move it in too far when you go to close the door you can break the glass. Are you sure its not the sunroof or moonroof leaking (if you have one) ? That much water is a lot more then a door would explain and being its both sides that fill up in the rear, I would look for issues with a moon roof, sun roof or even outside padded roof section leaking thru to inside. What leads me away from the doors is the fact that you get no water in the front passenger side area.

Best Answer
Kevin Ketsa
115

check your drain holes at the bottom of the door also. water could build up in side and leak through where the door panel attaches.