tire pressure warning light illuminated

juve
0

Asked by juve Dec 28, 2009 at 09:11 AM about the 2007 Lexus ES 350 Base

I just bought a 2007 ES 350.  After checking the tire pressure, I found all four were at 40psi. The door info sticker calls for 30psi.  I usually run 32 psi in my tires.  I decreased the tire pressures to 32psi, and now the tire pressure warning light is illuminated constantly.

Tom Le
565

reset the tire light refer to owners manual. when set it will monitor that specific value. The car still thinks its monitoring a pressure around 40

Manny Lopez
65

toyota vehicles are sensitive when it comes to tpms sensors in order for the light to stay off after resetting the system you must put air pressure at 30 psi and drive the vehicle up to 30mph

Kyle Rogan
955

Sounds like the thresholds that the light will come on at is set too high. Did you check the spare? because they also have sensors in the full size spare. To set the proper threshold, it is not dependant on speed or anything else. it is a direct monitoring system. Set all 5 tires to 30 psi. By the drivers feet there will be a small tire indicator reset button. Turn the car to accessory without starting it, hold that button until the tire light on the dash blinks 3 times and stops. That will set the threshold 80% of 30psi so roughly at 24 psi the light will come on. then simply set the tire pressure to what you want.