Brakes on 2007 lexus GS350

reo11111
30

Asked by reo11111 Jul 08, 2013 at 05:36 PM about the 2007 Lexus GS 350 AWD

My 2007 front brakes are making a high pitch squeel. What do i need to do to stop the noise?

Michael Kane
5,235

Its probly time to get your brakes serviced ( new pads, resurface or place rotors, and flush the brake fluid). Your brake pads have a piece of metal that contacts the brake rotor when you apply your brakes which makes a high pitch squeel sound letting you know that they need service. Good luck and I hope this helps you out.

reo11111
30

The car squeeled brakes after about 20k and continue up to 30k. It then quit. I replace the pads two week ago and they were squeeling. I sprayed the back of the shoe with a sticky substance and than took care of the majority of the problem. They still squeel when we first start off but otherwise it has stopped.

Michael Kane
5,235

It may depend on the type of pads, cheaper ones can be more noise than higher quality pads ( found this out the hard way on my old benz and it cost me even more money. lol ) also did you turn the rotors during the brake service? If not that can also cause faster where on your new pads.

reo11111
30

The car squeeled after it came out of the show room with about 20k miles.

Michael Kane
5,235

hmm, did the rotors get replaced or resurfaced when the pads where replaced 2 weeks ago?

Michael Kane
5,235

The rotors might be glazed...