how do i get my car to start ?

STATEMENT
0

Asked by STATEMENT Sep 29, 2013 at 01:38 AM about the 1997 Chevrolet Lumina 4 Dr LS Sedan

I HAVE A 1997 CHEVY LUMINA, MY ANTI - THIFT LIGHT IS FLASHING AND MY CAR WILL NOT EVEN TURN OVER

JohnTheCarNut
505

Make sure that your transmission is firmly placed in park and your foot is firmly on the brake. Then try. If this doesn't work I would run the transmission through the gears a couple of times; sometimes dust, hair, Cheetos crumbs get stuck (Assuming the is a floor automatic) and a couple of ups and downs from P to L could help dislodge debris. In order to do this however, the key needs to be turned all the way forward so everything unlocks. This trick would also apply if it were a column mounted shift though I'm figuring we could rule out Cheetos factor. Let me know if this helps!

STATEMENT
0

the gear shift is stuck in park and wont move, is there any thing else i can do. thank you

Clifford Reynolds
20

my car got stolen they distroyed the colum where key uded to be located. ni changed all the messed up parts i know how to make the resister wire to bypasss the system b\t i dont knows how many oms the computor needs to let the scurity system work