I just leased a 2007 Saturn Aura and it started overheating right away. 70 miles later, it is in the shop and they are replacing the thermostat. Will this cause long term problems? Can I get another car?

Christine_cars
0

Asked by Christine_cars Apr 19, 2007 at 12:02 PM about the 2007 Saturn Aura XE

At about the 10 mile mark, the car started overheating.  The fan stayed on for over 5 minutes after I shut the car off. The dealer admits the heating is not normal and is replacing the thermostat, but says the fan is normal.  I am afraid this car is going to be nothing but trouble considering I have had it 3 days and it is in the shop.  Also, I picked it up on a rainy night and the next day I noticed it was dirty:  ceiling, seats (back and front), floor AND there were tools in the trunk!!
What recourse do I have.  I want a different car but I am sure they won't want to give ot to me.  Your recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

98DAK
1,645

If this is a brand new vehicle, you should not have these problems. It is odd to have tools in the trunk. You mentioned you leased it, so you are kind of stuck there. If you had bought it, and had 3 incidents within a short period, they would have to replace it under the lemon law.With most leases, a dealer usually provides a rental car, but you have to ask

Anonymous
0

Thanks 98 DAK. I brought the car to the dealer and they confirmed the car had a faulty thermostat and were replacing it. I told them I wanted another car, and after trying to convince me that this car would be fine, they did agree. Now I have a rental car and am waiting to hear when my new new car will be ready. All's well that ends well.