ABS light

buggercountryboy
0

Asked by buggercountryboy Dec 19, 2006 at 09:21 PM about the 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Base Coupe

How do i get my ABS light to go out, it stays on after th ecar is started and well obviously goes out when you turn the car off. I know there is sensors 2 in the front 1 on each front wheel , but what about the back ones and how many in the back? i know there is codes that is stores, but is there something else i can do to fix it, i have some automobile expertise. but i dont want to take the car in and pay an arm and a leg to have the ABS light fixed and the wierd idle sound fixed!

13,435

If your ABS light is on, this indicates there is a problem with the anti-lock brake system. This is not an inexpensive problem. I just had one replaced on a Volvo, and it put me out $600! However, you need these to work. I would recommend either taking to a mechanic, or buying the part yourself and fixing. It may be the computer or the actual brakes. Best of luck CarGrrl

trip65

you got robbed , there is hardly any labor involved , where did you go to a dealer ? most of the time a wire breaks off the sensor , go to auto zone they will check it for free. a wheel sensor is not that expensive.a new sensor will run from 70 - 90 bucks